Monday, July 9, 2012

Favorite Pictures

One of my best friends has introduced me to photo books. She documents her blog and life through these picture journals. Let's just say, I'm gonna follow in her footsteps. She recently gave me a code to get a free 8*8 20 page photo book from Shutterfly and I'm loving it so much!

I've decided that for every year of life we're going to make a family year book. Basically like high school year books but much, much, much more cool.

So, with my free photo book I'm making a Courtship book. It is a record of Nathan and I dating. Then I'm going to make a wedding book. Then I'm going to start on the year books. I haven't figured out how I'm going to document everything so that when me children are moving away they can have their own photo books to share memories with their spouses and kids. Hopefully I'll figure it out soon so that I can get a move on.

I'm really excited about this because we will remember events and be able to refresh our memories by just grabbing a book off of the shelf or coffee table. I love organization and photo books are the Perfect way to organize.

I'm thrilled beyond reason. Soon this picture will be the front cover of a book sitting on our coffee table.


3 comments:

  1. Love this idea. I've been thinking about doing family year books for a while now, it just seems like a lot of work to get started and get caught up. But you can do it girl! Go Lizi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay!!! I was so happy to read this post.

    Re:"I haven't figured out how I'm going to document everything so that when me children are moving away they can have their own photo books to share memories with their spouses and kids." - I think what I'm going to do is, when they move away, print them up a complete set of the yearbooks. Shutterfly keeps all your old projects, so they'll still be there on the website (hopefully, if Shutterfly's still in business in 20 years). And by then we'll be old and rich (hahahaha). Maybe? I don't know. That's what I'm thinking about doing. Or maybe giving them the book from the previous year on their birthday each year... I don't know. Just floating some thoughts out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a great idea! I think you can keep a digital copy too and then order more when you want to, that may solve your problem of needing additional copies when kids move out=)

    ReplyDelete