Monday, October 15, 2012

Yucky Bath Toys

 
My kids love their bath toys. They both try to bring them out of the bathroom to play with them when it's not bath time. They particularly love the animal kinds that squeeze, suck in water and then you can squirt it out. I didn't used to like those toys because they get mold inside of them because I can never get the water all the way out.
It makes me wonder what other people do. Do they throw them out? How do they clean them? Do they care?
Anyway, my husband and I figured out that if you suck up bleach into the toys and then squirt it out, it cleans out all of the mold! Sometimes we let it sit over night in the sink just to be extra bleached. This is the best thing ever cause now we don't have to throw away and replace bath toys and they stay sanitary. 

4 comments:

  1. To be honest, I never even thought about mold growing in those toys! I only have 1 like that, but this is a great idea. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of two posts I saw on Pinterest...

    http://www.playdatecrashers.com/2012/04/tub-toy-tip/

    http://welovebeingmoms.blogspot.com/2012/07/how-why-to-clean-bath-toys.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I keep thinking about this every time we give Ellie a bath now. We've never cleaned her toys and it's grossing me out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you looking for Best Gifts and Toys for 3 Year Old girls (Review) in 2020. Get the list of best toys for your 3 years old Girls.

    ReplyDelete