Monday, August 6, 2012

Yucky Potatoes No More


You know how potatoes go brown if they're cut up and not used right away? Guess what, it doesn't have to happen. 

 
All you have to do is put your cut up potatoes in cold water and they stay nice and starchy white. Supposedly, it works fine if you just use cold water but I like to doubly make sure that mine stays cold. So, I put mine in a bowl of water in the fridge. Once, I left them in the fridge for 2 days and when I took them out to cook with them they seemed like I had just cut them up. 




This is so awesome for me because I make my freezer meals a-step-a-day style. One day I cut up the veggies, then I cook the meat and shred it, etc. Anyway, this works great for me! Also, I bet this would work for apples too. That way you don't have to put lemon juice on them and make them taste sour. Eww.

1 comment:

  1. Instead of lemon juice for apples, you can also use pineapple juice! :) Much yummier

    ReplyDelete