Saturday, June 23, 2012

Make it through the day and night make-up

I used to have a really horrendous routine to get my make up to last more than 3 hours on my face. I have always had oily skin. I remember being a teenager and not wearing mascara because even the waterproof stuff would all be off of my eyelashes at the end of the day. This meant I constantly had the yucky, dark circle smudges of mascara under my eyes, which, being waterproof would never completely wipe away without make up remover. Doesn't this sound like such an oxymoron? I could not get the mascara to stay on my eyelashes but then once it ran off onto my skin I couldn't get it off. Lame.

So, my old routine was:
first, I would layer baby powder thickly around my eyes,
second, I would put a lot of foundation around my eyes that was for oily skin
third, I would put on my water proof mascara and
fourth, I would hairspray my face with my eyes closed.

I'm not a high maintenance person; so, for me this was too much. This method worked most of the time but it really did a number on my eyeballs. They were pretty dry and being a contact wearer, I was already more dry to begin with. Remember how I said it worked most of the time? Yeah, it was not a fool proof method for me. Also, I've never been able to get eyeliner to stay where I draw it on. Ever.

What do I do now?

Now I use primer. Particularly the Bare Essentials primer for oily skin. Let me tell ya, it works! I also use their primer for eyelids. I can go the whole entire day and still can tell where I highlighted my cheekbones and I can also go the whole day with eyeliner staying around my eyes! It is fabulous. For a blonde eye lashed girl, this makes all of the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment