Tuesday, June 26, 2012

How I keep my daughter's bows

I really enjoy this method of bow organization. A friend told me about it long ago and long ago I made this. I got a poster frame from Wal-Mart and some chicken wire from my parent's-in-law and put this together. At first I laid the chicken wire on the cardboard backing but after a couple of months it started slipping out of the frame. My wonderful husband suggested that I loop wire through the chicken wire and then around the frame. It has stayed taut since I did that. I'm sure it would look much more cute if I covered the cardboard with some pretty scrap booking paper, but I haven't done that yet.


I like this more than hanging bows on ribbons because here the bows don't slip down; whereas, when I hung the bows on ribbons, they always slipped off. With the chicken wire, all you have to do is clip the alligator clip to the wire or with snap clips you just leave it un-clipped and it hangs quiet nicely.

Also, in case you're wondering, I made all but 4 of these bows myself.

1 comment: