Saturday, June 23, 2012

Chicken Adobo

Preface: My husband spent 2 years living in the Philippines as a missionary for our church. We are Latter-Day Saints; more commonly referred to as Mormons. The hubby loves all things Filipino - it's weird that the country name starts with a ph but the nationality title starts with an f, huh? Anyway, we try to eat a nice variety of Filipino food. Our staple Filipino meals are Lumpia, Bicol Express, and Chicken Adobo. Oh. My. Goodness. These dishes are so fabulous! Once, I made Adobo frequently enough that my man had to ask me not to make it so much. I was upset because I love this dish soooo much. What makes it even better is that it cooks in the crock pot. Awesome.

Chicken Adobo

4 chicken drumsticks frozen*
3/4 C. apple cider vinegar
3/4 C. soy sauce
4-6 cloves of garlic, minced*
3 tsp. ginger powder

Put frozen drumsticks in crock pot. Combine sauce ingredients and pour over chicken, Cook for 4 hours on high, any longer than that, switch the temperature to low. Serve over rice.

See, isn't that so fabulously simply? You'll love it even more once you taste it.


*I am a freezer meal kind of girl and I've found that I like Adobo more when I put the frozen chicken in the crock pot vs. thawed chicken in the crock pot.
*I buy the minced garlic in a plastic container from Costco. It keeps forever because garlic is a natural preservative and it is much less of a hassle to scoop out a tsp of garlic compared to pulling out a cutting board and knife and finely mincing my garlic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment